Thursday, December 26, 2013

JYJ Kim Jun Su by GG

XIAH JUNSU OF JYJ

SOLO
 2010
 image
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Starred in the Musical “Mozart” as Wolfgang Mozart, a play about the life struggles of a very famous composer, won various awards such as Best New Actor and Most Popular Actor at the 4th Musical Award and the 16th Korean Musical Awards, also won the Ticket Power Award – Musical Actor at the Golden Ticket Awards
Released his First Japanese Album Titled “Xiah”
Released a Music Video on one of the songs in the Album
Intoxication
image

2011
image
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.


Starred in the Musical “Tears in Heaven” a musical play set in Vietnam War he played the lead male role Jun-Hyung, a Korean soldier who had a love triangle with a Vietnamese Singer and an American Officer. He again starred in the musical “Mozart”.

Won various awards such as Best Actor and Most Popular Actor at the 5th Musical Award and the 17th Korean Musical Awards

On October 7 – 10, 2011 he held a Musical Concert titled “Kim Junsu Musical Concert, Levay and Friends”

2012
image
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.


This year seems to be a very fruitful year for Junsu, with a starring role in musical play and the release of his full length album “Tarantallegra”

On May 14, 2012, Kim Junsu’s released his first full length album Tarantallegra, along with its Music Video it sets the beginning of Kim Junsu’s versatile character as a musician. 
 image
Packed with 12 songs, most self composed by Junsu. He topped various music and digital charts, sold more than 100,000 copies within weeks after its release.  
He Embark on his first Solo world tour “Xia 1st World Tour Concert - Tarantallegra” which covers various countries like Jakarta, Bangkok, China, Taipei, USA and Latin America.
image
 image
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

During this year, he was also cast in the musical “Elizabeth”, playing the role of “Der Tod” or “Death” and won the Best Actor and Popularity Award at the 6th Musical Award and the 18th Korean Musical Awards.
image
 image
He also released an English song “Uncommitted” and by the end of the year he gave thanks to his fans by releasing a song for them with the title “Thank U For”
 image
2013
image
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.


July 15, 2013, was the release of his 2nd Full Length Album “Incredible”, which includes 12 original songs.
image
With the success of his 2nd full length album, he then again embark on his 2nd tour “Xia 2nd Asian Tour Concert - Incredible” which was held in South Korea, China, Thailand, Australia and Japan.
image
 image
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

He was again cast as Tod in the musical “Elizabeth”, and as “Jiwook” a college student who enjoys music and poems, lead to the musical “December”.
image
His voice was also used on the MBC’s animal documentary The Zoo is Alive
image
Won the 1st Yin Yue Tai V-Chart Awards as Best Korean Male Artist and the Popularity Award for the musical “Elizabeth”
On December 30-31, 2013, Kim Junsu will have his 2013 XIA Ballad & Musical Concert with Orchestra Vol. 2
This year also marks our Junsu’s career as an entrepreneur, investing on a Jeju Island Resort with an estimated cost of $15 Million.  
Within the span of his solo career Kim Junsu “Xia”, has proven his talent as an artist both in Music and Acting, His undeniable ticket power shown in various sold out performances of the musical he is in and even his concert tours.
He has written songs for the group’s albums and sang various KDrama OSTs. He’s also involved in various charity works. 
Our Xia Junsu is also known for his love of Sports, Soccer to be exact. He is the captain of the all-star Celebrity Soccer team “FC Men” in South Korea, founded in 2011, the team plays various games for charity.
 And lastly, some Xia Junsu quotes I’d like to share:
 "My last 10 years helped me learn what would change the direction of my 30s, 40s and the remainder of my life," he said. "I want to be a singer that can retain his own colors yet still sing songs that the public of that age wants."
 "Now, I don′t expect to become really popular through music. I think it′s now time for us to repay the love we′ve received from our fans for the past four or five years as JYJ."
 “There was a story like this long time ago. Every person has their own color in terms of music. No matter how differently they try to manifest, there is still a boundary that they cannot get over. I think collaboration is a way to break it. Now if I talk about what I want to do, my agency will accept the idea and get it prepared for me. That is what makes me happy the most.”
“Well, I am not greedy about to going on entertainment shows. But, there is huge difference between not participating and cannot participate. I would like to be on good music programs like “Music Wave”, “Open Concert”, “Love Request”, or  ”Sketchbook”. It is sad that we cannot participate although we are singers.”
 When asked Do you still want to give up?
 “Sometimes. I became placid compared to before. We could not do 10 out of 10 but now we can at least do 2-3 things from 10 options. We plan 10 events secretly. We just do not announce it until we are certain. Many fans criticize that the agency does not work hard enough, but I would like to tell them that is not true. If we can do all what we plan freely, we would be way busier than right now.”
When asked, although you suffered a lot, didn’t you also achieve something normal people cannot? You gained fame at 27 years old.
 “In the beginning I only thought in the other way. I was pessimistic. Why did I become an entertainer? I cannot have romantic relationships easily, I cannot go to places like LOTTE World or Carribean Bay, I envied normal people a lot. Other idols would think the same because there are many restrictions. But, I realized I only saw what I have lost instead of what I have gained. When I listened to my friends, they were worried about what I thought was natural. I realized, aha, we are all the same. When I started to appreciate what I have gained, I felt differently. But I would never become an entertainer if I were reborn. I am certain about that. It is not that I hate my current life, but I would like to enjoy what I have lost.”
 (Translations Credit to the owner, Quotes translated from his various magazine interviews)

No comments:

Post a Comment